Pilot Travel Centers LLC, General Motors and EVgo Inc. have opened the first 17 locations of a national electric vehicle fast charger network.
Now EV travelers can enjoy an upgraded charging experience with access to amenities at Pilot and Flying J travel centers in 13 states, GM said in a press release.
Many locations in the network offer round-the-clock amenities, products and services, including:
- Multiple fast charger stalls, with chargers capable of delivering up to 350kW
- Canopies that protect drivers from the elements during charging
- Pull-through charging stalls to accommodate EV towing
- Chargers in well-lit areas, monitored round-the-clock by on-site staff
- Access to restrooms, concessions and free Wi-Fi
- Plug-and-charge compatibility for a streamlined process
EV travelers will be able to find charging locations via GM’s vehicle brand applications, Pilot’s myRewards Plus app, the EVgo app, PlugShare and other applications designed for EV drivers, GM said.
GM and Pilot Travel Centers LLC will offer exclusive benefits for GM drivers starting in the spring, such as charger reservations and charging discounts. All EV travelers can save on food, beverages and merchandise at Pilot and Flying J locations with available offers in the myRewards Plus app, the statement said.
At least 25 Pilot and Flying J travel centers will have EV fast charging by the end of this year, and reach 200 locations by the end of 2024, GM said.
In total, the release reported at least 2,000 high-power fast charging stalls will be installed at up to 500 Pilot and Flying J travel centers across the U.S.
Originally posted on Auto Dealer Today